Lose weight! scream the ads. Most weight loss diets definitely don’t work. Indeed, you slave away with the diet plan, but in the end, you gain it all back and then some. Do you really want to lose weight and keep it off? Take a look at this common sense diet I’ve outlined below. This a list that works:
Weight Loss Foods
- Washed and ready fruit – Wash berries, cut up other fruits like apples and pears, keep them in a baggie and squeeze a little lemon on them to prevent from turning brown. Cut up oranges will stay fine in a baggie or see through container. Bananas are also super snacks but don’t refrigerate them.
- Raw Veggies – Cut up each of these ahead of time. Put in see-through bags or containers so you see them and grab….celery sticks, carrot sticks, raw broccoli, raw cauliflower, sweet peppers and any others you’d prefer
- Nut butters – Almond and Cashew are excellent High in protein and nutritious. Use the dry roasted nuts and eliminate the oils.
More Weight Loss Foods
- Washed Leafy Greens – lettuce, baby spinach, arugula, and/or kale in a clear bag – Eat it right out of the bag or put it in a bowl and sprinkle some olive oil and rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar over it. Top it with a cut-up hard boiled egg or the cold proteins mentioned above.
- Yogurt – This is a no-brainer. Choose Greek yogurts with a low to non-existent level of added sugars and no artificial anything.
- Nuts – A small handful only. They’re rich, satisfying and delicious and yes, you can keep them in the fridge. Almonds and Pistachios top the list, but also go for Cashews, and Macadamia nuts, no Peanuts.
- Iced tea (stevia-sweetened or unsweetened) or lemon water(squeeze a couple of lemons in a quart of water) – Believe it or not, sometimes hunger is really a signal that you’re thirsty. Either way, drinking something that is cold but tasty, can really curb your appetite.
- Chicken, turkey (or even cold salmon from last night’s dinner) – Cut into bite-sized pieces and put them in a see through container. If you can see it, you may reach for it. Add lemon juice and a pinch of olive oil.