Our eyesight is precious and can be maintained with these exercises and foods. Ocular nutrition is essential to maintain eye health and vision. It deals with almost each and every individual parts of your eye like the cornea, macula, pupil, retina, iris, lens, optic nerve and the vitreous humor. So, here are several exercises and foods that will keep your eyes razor sharp.
Exercises: Relieve Eye Stress
In our every daily life, we exercise our regular body parts, and ignore the sensitive parts like eyes. There are some eye exercises that helps you in minimizing the eye strain and help you see better as well. Try out these following warm ups right from your home or work place.
- Initially rub your hands thoroughly until they feel warm for about 20 seconds. Now, rest your hands over your closed eyes and remember that your palm should never touch your eyes. Your fingers should be gently overlapped on the center of your forehead.
- Don’t pressurize your face with your hands and make yourself feel relaxed with this exercise. You can continue with this exercise for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- In this exercise you need to hold an object at arm’s length inhale, and then move the object in to touch the tip of your nose.
- You would then exhale, look at the object and move it back out.
Tromboning exercise improves the control over the extra- ocular muscles and stimulates the flow of nutrients inside the eyes.
- All you need to do is stand or sit at some corner of your room and carefully observe each and every object by allowing your eyes to scan the entire room.
- Continue this exercise for about 2 minutes and stop it if you feel a bit strained. Remember to breathe while doing this exercise.
Scanning exercise helps you to increase the flexibility of your eyes and to encourage the faster progress of your eyes.
- Massage the side of your head on the level with the eyes with your finger points by closing your eyes.
- Continue this exercise for about 5 to 10 minutes until you completely feel strain free.
Exercises: Essential Nutrition
Essential fatty acids are necessary for the proper functioning of your body. Our body don’t produce these fats, so it is necessary to increase the intake of rich diet containing these fats. They help with cellular development and in the formation of cellular membranes. The following are the two types of essential fatty acids that helps you to prevent eyesight issues.
Omega 3 Fatty Acids:
Omega 3 fatty acids improves nerve conduction in the retina. It also protects against macular degeneration and glaucoma onset.
- Daily need: 1500mg- 3000mg
- Foods: Dark leafy vegetables, tofu, soya beans, walnuts and walnut oils, flax seeds (ground), seed oil, cold water fish (sardines, salmon, halibut).
Carotenoids are the organic pigments founds in plants and in some photosynthetic organisms. In humans, four carotenoids namely beta carotene, alpha carotene, gamma carotene and beta cryptoxanthin are rich in Vitamin A. Vitamin A improves and strengthens clear vision.
Cysteine, taurine, quercitin and rutin are the essential amino acids which help against various eye disorders. These antioxidants protect the eyes from free radical changes and assist blood circulation to and within the retina.
Vitamins are the organic compounds that alone play a major role in providing you a healthy vision. Vitamins allow the eyes to function at optimum levels. They increase blood circulation, nourish the eyes, strengthen capillaries, improve night vision, enhance visual acuity and lot more. Take Vitamins A, C, and E.